Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rains and attitude

Going home in the rain, yesterday, I was cursing the puddles, getting angry with the car drivers who splashed water on my sari and generally irritated at the crowded buses. Halfway through, when I was walking along to board my next bus. I started enjoying it all, the water. the rain and the freedom to walk about as I pleased. I realised that once I started NOT worrying about whether my sari would be dirtied, whether my leather slipper would be wet and whether my bag would be mis-shapen, I was enjoying the rains, looking at the world in a different way and feeling relaxed. Why don't we enjoy the small mercies that come to us instead of placing gargantuan demands on poor God who is already overburdened with the likes of Sreeshanth's mother and the mothers and fathers of Idea star Singer contestants constantly fighting for His attentions?
It's attitude that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment